Thread: Skyrim Tweaks & Mods

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Skyrim Tweaks & Mods 
    As the mods for this game begin to roll out and the release of the CK in the coming weeks I thought I might start a thread where we can highlight any particular mods that are worth taking a look at. To start things off, here is a pretty in depth Skyrim tweak guide which has a lot of excellent examples of different settings and variables worth changing to get your Skyrim looking pretty nice. Also, there should be a patch coming soon which will allow Skyrim to use more than the 2GB of memory it currently uses. Skyrim is does not run with the Large Address Aware flag set, which means the entire 4GB virtual memory address space is not used. Until Bethesda releases the fix for this, you can use the 4GB Skyrim mod to correct it.
    We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments...these moments when we dared to aim higher...to break barriers...to reach for the stars...to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements, but we lost all that. And perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers...that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot behind us...but our destiny lies above us.

Doesn't it really astonish you that you are this fantastically complex thing, and that you're doing all of this and never had any education in how to do it?

I'm your huckleberry.
    TEMPUS EDAX RERUM

Speaking of tweaks and mods, Steam Workshop has a fairly easy way to DL the ones that are posted through Steam. It allows you to 'like' or 'follow' the ones you like, and then will automatically update and tell you when there are updates.

Pretty nifty.
    A single idea can change the world.

They've finally released the Creation Kit which should finally get the great mods flowing. Along with that, Beth has released their high resolution texture pack and Valve made a Portal Space Core mod as well. Both are available on Steam.

We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments...these moments when we dared to aim higher...to break barriers...to reach for the stars...to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements, but we lost all that. And perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers...that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot behind us...but our destiny lies above us.

Doesn't it really astonish you that you are this fantastically complex thing, and that you're doing all of this and never had any education in how to do it?

I'm your huckleberry.
    TEMPUS EDAX RERUM

I'll have to ask what mod this is later (or have him post for once!), but:

A single idea can change the world.